This and That: Burton Malkiel and more…
- Money Smarts Blog featured a guest post that offered six reasons why Canadians should own oil stocks.
- Canadian Financial Stuff shared the best back-to-school advice his dad gave him, which is sure to come in handy for students heading off to University.
- Thicken My Wallet isn’t convinced that the debate over the value of financial advice will disappear if advisors move to some other fee model.
- Canadian Couch Potato offered a detailed explanation on why he picked both XDV and CDZ as his top dividend ETF.
- Larry MacDonald reported out that many credit card holders failed to notice mysterious charges in their statements.
- Squawk Fox has an easy-peasy recipe for making gourmet microwave popcorn. Yeah, saving a few bucks is nice but it is nicer avoiding the processed stuff in packaged popcorn.
- Many Canadian Money Forum members feel that caution is warranted in Real Estate Income Trusts. I won’t argue that REITs are undervalued but they are not crazily overvalued in this low-interest rate environment either.
- Million Dollar Journey featured a guest post that looked at landlord tenant relationship from a tenant’s perspective.
- Michael James rips apart popular financial articles that convey an incorrect picture by ignoring the time value of money. Saving is a good habit to cultivate but it is also important to have realistic expectations.
- Preet has a special cell phone deal for readers. Of course, he can’t beat my Speakout Wireless plan on which I spend less than $25 per year.
- Boomer and Echo offers ten tips to save money on auto insurance.
That’s it for this week. Have a great weekend everyone!